Just ran a test to determine why my data wasn’t showing up after importing elements into an Orchard site. Ran a comparison from the data that was built manually into the site, and the data that was imported: I discovered the only difference in the data for the Content Types was the Common_IdentityPartRecord.Id field was different (swapped) for some content items. I went back to my import package (xml file) and rearranged the content so that the order flowed logically (ContentType Parent created first, then ContentType Child, then Widget instead of ContentType Child, then Parent then Widget like the Export Feature ordered them) and presto! The data for my control is now rendering!
No explanation as of yet why this is the case. This cost me some considerable time to troubleshoot and I wanted to post this to assist anyone trying to figure out why their data from using the import feature is imported, but your site still may not work as expected.
When control was built manually and it works the Common_IdentityPartRecord table looked like this:
When imported, table looks like: